Newspaper publishers and advertising executives have a rendezvous in Paris in 2006: the World Newspaper Advertising Conference & Expo, featuring the latest ideas for generating new advertising revenue.
The 16th annual conference, to be held on 23 and 24 February, will offer six sessions focused on essential newspaper advertising topics including:
- Extending your brand -- New multi-media advertising opportunities. The session will hear from an American newspaper which now earns 10 percent of its advertising revenues from multi-media; a report from Europe on how to build revenue from multi-media ad packages; and a presentation on how to use your brand to create additional revenues, more market share and better value for advertisers.
- Creative awards. This session will review the best awards from around the world and how they can increase advertising sales. Among them: the Creative Juice awards in Europe, and a report from Brazil on how creative awards increased advertising sales.
- Where's the money? This session examines where revenues are going as advertising opportunities multiply and broadcast audiences fragment. It will include a presentation on the booming on-line advertising market and its impact on newspapers, and a look at where advertising revenues are headed in key world markets.
- What's an ad worth, to us and to the advertiser? Two major issues will be covered in this session: convincing agencies to sell more newspaper advertising to clients; and pricing developments and techniques for correctly pricing newspaper advertising.
- Going, going, gone? This session is devoted to the accelerating migration of classified advertising from print to on-line. It will feature case studies on how newspapers are creating and retaining classified revenue, the basic skills of selling classified advertising in 2006, and a World Association of Newspapers report on the impact and opportunities that the on-line trend presents for newspaper companies.
- A special WAN report on training: Are we offering the right kind of sales people and the right skills to the market? The session will feature a worldwide training survey by WAN and a summary of the top skills required to sell newspaper advertising effectively in a multi-media market.
The World Newspaper Advertising Conference & Expo will be held on 23 and 24 February at the Sofitel Paris Forum Rive Gauche.
For conference information, go to http://www.wan-press.org/paris2006.