News from the Media Scene: Freevoice is looking for a Middle East partner
foundation Free Voice is looking for a partner organization in Egypt,
Jordan or Lebanon to collaborate in one of its projects in the Middle
East. The partner organization shall be co-responsible for a website on media, journalism and press law and management of the editorial team. The project is financed for one year through the Ministry for Foreign Affairs in the Netherlands.
The website will provide up-to-date information and analyses on media development, 'good journalism' and press law in the Arab world. The editorial team of the website monitors the latest news, trends and developments in Arab media on a daily basis. The website will be a platform for media professionals to exchange and debate knowledge and experience. And will be linked to the programme "Investing in the Future".
The organization to be selected should meet the following requirements:
- Known for his reliable distribution of information;
All organizations in Egypt, Jordan and Lebanon meeting the requirements are eligible to submit an Expression of Interest.
This request for Expressions of Interest will be followed by a primary review according to the above-mentioned criteria. A selection committee is created to evaluate the EoIs and to establish a short-list of less than six organizations invited to tender for the project.
2. The short-list will be established mid-April. Short-listed organizations will be informed accordingly.
3. Short-listed organizations will receive the Project Document and the Terms of Reference to be used as an input for the proposal.
4. As the project already started, organizations will have 2 weeks to write the proposal to limit the delay in implementation. Foreseen deadline for submittal of proposals is 1 May 2007.
5. Selection will take place the beginning of May. The selected organization as well as the other short-listed organizations will be informed about the outcome.
6. Contractual arrangements will be discussed mid-May 2007.
About Free Voice
Free Voice is the media organization in the Netherlands that strives for:
- independent and multiform media
- balanced and reliable journalistic press freedom in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Middle East and Eastern Europe.
The foundation Free Voice was established on 25 August 1986.
The founders of Free Voice are prominent Dutch journalistic and media organizations:
- the Netherlands Association of Journalists (NVJ)
- the Dutch Newspaper Publishers Association (NDP)
- the Radio Netherlands (from Dutch public broadcasting organizations)
- the Dutch Society of Chief Editors (joined after the foundation, but in that same year)
Free Voice receives financial support from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the National Postcode Lottery of the Netherlands and other funds and institutions, with 48 per cent coming from the Ministry and 42 per cent from other funds (2005).